30th September 2021
The West Midlands Child Death Review Network held thier second virtual conference on 30th September 2021 focusing on ‘Improving Hospital & Hospice-based Child Death Review Meetings
The programme included:
- Specialist Children’s Hospital Perspective – Dr Pascale du Pré, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- LeDeR and CDOP processes – Imogen Mortiboys, Clinical LeDeR Support Officer, NHS Hereford and Worcestershire CCG
- Parent Perspectives – Gayle Routledge, Child of Mine Charity
- CDRM Journey – Dr Subra Mahadevan-Bava, Designated Doctor for Child Death & Carol Weston, Named Nurse for Safeguarding and Child Mortality, The Dudley Group NHSFT
- Perinatal Mortality Review Tools (PMRT) How this assists the CDOP process – Janet Latham and Elizabeth Pearson, Specialist
- “Involving parents in the CDR process” (NCMD) – Professor Peter Fleming, Professor of Infant Health & Development, Bristol University Midwives-Bereavement, The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- National Child Mortality Database Update – Professor Peter Fleming, Professor of Infant Health & Development, Bristol University
- Learning from Deaths of Children under Palliative Care – Audit of Palliative Care CDRM in Birmingham – Harriet Swallow, Birmingham Women’s & Children’s Hospital
- Expert Panel for Q&A
Objectives: To improve understanding of the Child Death Review Meeting process.
Intended Outcome: Promote good practice and improve competences and confidence of practitioners.